It’s that time of year again…Black Friday is just around the corner! You can practically smell the savings in the air. Over the next couple of weeks the build up to the big day is almost unbearable. But there are a few things you can do to make the most of the tiny window of opportunity you have to capitalize on the savings. Here are the top tips to maximize the Black Friday car shopping experience.
Before you go…
Alright. The Black Friday crowds can be daunting for many shoppers. Car lots are no different. But there are a few things you NEED to do before you show up at the lot on the day of the sale.
- Shop for the right car you want online and find the one you want. Evaluate the price on TrueCar price matching or Edmund’s Price Promise calculations. Take it for a test drive!
- If you’re trading in, make sure you get a quote prior to big day! This will save you time, as well as help you budget.
- Read the fine print of the offer carefully. If necessary, ask questions about the terms and conditions by email or call a rep. Understand what the offer entails beforehand.
- Know what you can afford and what your credit score allows for loan rates. This can save time and you’ll know if the rate from the dealership is worth your while.
When you go…
Once you’ve prepped for the Black Friday car shopping day, it’s time to lock down the deals. Once you’re at the dealership, make sure to do a few more things.
- Stay focused on your goals and what you can afford. It’s easy to get caught up in the chaos of the day, so stay focused and in control.
- Understand which fees are negotiable. Dealer fees and marketing fees can sometimes be negotiable and save you some change. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and negotiate the deal a little further. That being said, know when to accept an offer and leave well enough alone.
Overall, do your homework, stay focused, and stay in control.
Additional Black Friday car shopping tips:
- Arrive early
- Eat a good meal beforehand
- Take a wingman
- Dress comfortably